Property & Neighbour Disputes

We know it can be stressful if you have a dispute over your property with a neighbour, or your landlord. If you need help with a property or neighbour dispute, call us on 01925 351 350.

What Is A Property Or Neighbour Dispute?

You may disagree with your landlord about certain repairs or about the security of your deposit, or you might disagree with a neighbour.

In any case, you will likely benefit from getting expert advice and having an experienced team behind you.

We can help you with a range of different issues, including:

In the worst circumstances, these sorts of disputes can result in harassment, threats, and even violence. If this is the case, you should call the police for support. 

On the other hand, less serious disagreements can be resolved in several other ways. The simplest way is to talk to your neighbour or landlord and come to a resolution that works for both parties.

Sometimes this isn’t possible or doesn’t resolve the situation. So, you may benefit from speaking to a solicitor. An expert solicitor can advise you on the best course of action to sort things out.

Dispute over property with a neighbour

Boundary Disputes

You might also have issues with the boundary of your property. These can often occur when someone puts up a fence or wall even if you think they shouldn’t be able to.

It’s important to know that unless the area of land is substantially valuable, the costs of running a claim may be disproportionate to the value of the land. So, the best way to approach a boundary dispute is with the intention of finding a quick resolution in the best interest of all parties.

We can advise on finding the best solution or, if necessary, help you make a claim. Call us on 01925 351 350 to find out more about what we can do to help you.

Right of Way Disputes

Rights of way and easements are common issues in neighbour disputes. They typically occur when someone is using land for access that they assumed they owned. While this can go on for years without any problems, it can create an issue when the owner of the land asserts their rights.

Are you in a dispute over your right of way, or a neighbour’s use of your land for access? We can advise you on your options in a 30-minute Huddle with a solicitor starting from £150. Call us on 01925 351 350 to get started.

Tree Root Damage & Overhanging Trees

All tree owners are responsible for ensuring that their trees do not cause damage to neighbouring properties. They also have a duty to ensure that overhanging trees, or any other garden plants they are responsible for, do not stop someone from enjoying their property.

If your property has been damaged by growing tree roots, or gardening issues caused by a neighbour, you may be able to claim compensation.

Call Chris Rudd Solicitors

Speak to an Expert

Give us a call now to find out how we can help you.

Contact Us For Help

We specialise in housing and property issues, including disputes with your landlord and disputes with neighbours.

We can offer you:

  • Half an hour of discussion and basic advice from a solicitor for just £150.
  • Clear, simple pricing at rates typically lower than other firms in the South
  • Friendly, expert staff ready to help you
  • We cover all of England & Wales

So, if you need help with a dispute, please give us a call on 01925 351 350 to find out what we can do for you.

Lower Rates In The North

Because we're based in the North, the rates we charge tend to be lower in the South, but we still deliver exceptional service across the country.


Send Us A Message

Data Consent