Around 15% of the land in England and Wales hasn’t been registered. If you think you property is part of that 15%, please give us a call on 01925 351 350. We can help you with first registration.
It’s compulsory for land and property in England and Wales to be registered when bought or sold, if not already registered. If your property has been in your possession for a long time, it’s possible it hasn’t been registered yet.
Even if you don’t intend to sell in the near future, there are benefits to voluntarily applying for the first registration.
Benefits of First Registration
There are several benefits to voluntarily applying for first registration.
- With time, title deeds can get lost and that can cause issues with establishing ownership. Registration stops this from being an issue.
- If an unregistered property is left in a Will, your heirs would have to deal with the registration before or during any future sale.
- Buying unregistered land can be complicated or off-putting to buyers, so registration can simplify the process.
- The conveyancing process is often simpler and less expensive if the property has already been registered.
- The Land Registry gives a discount on its fees for voluntary first registration.
In short, voluntary registration helps to prevent other issues further down the line, keeps processes such as conveyancing simpler, and can help you save money in the long run.
Speak to an Expert
Give us a call now to find out how we can help you.
How Can We Help?
While it may not be compulsory to register your property right now, there are still benefits to getting it done. We can help you find out if your property is registered and, if not, help you make an application.
Our fees for voluntary first registrations start from £350 + VAT. So, give us a call on 01925 351 350 to get started, or fill out the form below.
Lower Rates In The North
Because we're based in the North, the rates we charge tend to be lower in the South, but we still deliver exceptional service across the country.