Housing Disrepair Claim Value CalculatorHome >
How much compensation could you get if your home is in disrepair or unfit to live in? Use the calculator below to get an estimate of what you could claim on a no win no fee basis.*
Housing Disrepair Claim Value Calculator
If you rent from a public landlord, use the calculator below to find out how much compensation you could be entitled to claim for.
How Much Is Your Housing Claim Worth?
We know it can be daunting having to deal with a multitude of problems in your home. When they can include damp, leaks, cracks, dodgy windows, and more, it can be a difficult judging how much a claim could actually be worth.
With disrepair or other problems you could be dealing with, it’s important to have an idea how much compensation you could be owed.
This will not only inform your solicitor, but also you to help you judge how much you could be paid.
This calculator should help with that. Just enter a few details here to get an estimate of what your housing disrepair claim is worth.
A solicitor may even be able to add value to your claim by pointing out things you could claim for that you hadn’t thought about. On top of that, the Homes Act could have an effect on what you can claim for as well. For example, your home should be:
- Free of damp and mould
- Not too hot or too cold to live in
- Has adequate natural light
- Secure against unauthorised entry
- Clean, sanitary, and hygienic
- Safe to live in without risk of falls
What Determines My Claim Value?
This calculator takes into account a few key things. Most importantly, your claim value will be based on:
- The rent you pay
- How severe the disrepair is
- How long there has been disrepair
- The value of any damaged possessions
These form the basic value of your claim. But, there are are range of factors that should be taken into account. As mentioned if you would like a more accurate breakdown of what your claim could be worth, you should speak to a solicitor.
A solicitor will be able to assess your situation to take into account extra factors, such as:
- The types of disrepair
- Type of landlord/property
- Whether you have rent arrears
If you’d like to chat about what you can claim for and how much you could be owed, you can call us on 01925 351 350. So, get in touch today to get started making a housing disrepair claim.
* This tool provides an estimate of compensation in a housing disrepair claim or unfitness for human habitation claim (Homes Act). This is not necessarily the amount of compensation you will be awarded. Actual compensation may be higher or lower as each case is different, and some cases may settle for a different amount before reaching trial.
For a more accurate and detailed estimation of how much compensation you could be owed, please get in touch to speak with an expert about the details of your case.