Employment Advice

Redundancy Solicitors & Settlement Agreement Advice

Voluntary & Involuntary Redundancy, and Unfair Dismissal

If your employer is looking to reduce their workforce, or believe that your role is no longer needed, they might select you for redundancy.

Your employer may ask you to agree to end your contract, which is a voluntary redundancy. Or, they may select your position specifically for redundancy, which is a fair redundancy if:

  • Your employer is moving place of business,
  • The business is closing down, or,
  • Job duties diminish or disappear

If your redundancy seems reasonable and fair, you will likely just need advice on your settlement agreement, which you can read about below. However, if you feel that your employer is not giving you a fair redundancy, whether that be because of discrimination or something else, then you may be able to claim for unfair dismissal.

Whether you were unfairly dismissed, or you are facing a claim from a former employee of yours, we can offer expert advice. And, we may be able to act on a no win no fee basis if you are bringing a claim for unfair dismissal.

Settlement Agreements

Are you being made redundant, and been given a settlement agreement? We can help.

A settlement agreement sets out agreed terms and conditions for ending your employment, or resolving a dispute. Typically, this means that you, as the employee, will receive a payment in return for giving up your rights to bring a claim against your employer. These are also given as part of a redundancy package.

For a settlement agreement to be legally binding, you will need to get independent legal advice. That’s where we can help – we can make sure that what you’ve been offered is fair to you and your interests. Call us on 01925 351 350 to speak to an expert in redundancy and settlement agreements.

If you have your documents ready for us to review, and we can get started quickly, we may be able to offer you same-day service. We can usually work for what we are able to recover from your employer. And, we may be able to negotiate a better deal for you.

Call for help with redundancy and settlement agreements

Other Employment Issues

If you have another employment issue and need legal advice, we may still be able to help. Our expert solicitors can help with discrimination in the workplace, regulatory and disciplinary action, and more. Read more about what we can do for you below.

Discrimination in the Workplace

You have a right to expect fair and respectful treatment in your workplace, regardless of age, sex, sexuality, race, or any other protected characteristics.

Mistreatment in the workplace is one of the most common forms of discrimination. If you’ve been overlooked for a promotion, are being harassed or bullied at work, or there’s something else concerning you, take a look at our discrimination disputes page. Or, call 01925 351 350 to discuss how we can help you.

Regulatory & Disciplinary Advice

If you are a professional or qualified person facing disciplinary action for breach or professional regulations, we can give expert advice. If you are a dentist or doctor, architect or surveyor, a nurse or paramedic, an accountant or quantity surveyor, or something else, we realise that it is extremely valuable to you and you worked hard to achieve your level of skill and knowledge. So, please call us on 01925 351 350 for advice and remember that the first 15 minutes is completely free.

Get In Touch with Chris Rudd Solicitors

So, if you need advice about your employment contract, redundancy, or discrimination in the workplace, please get in touch now. We can offer you:

  • Expert legal advice from experienced professionals
  • Possibly same day service if you have all your documents ready to be reviewed
  • For settlement agreements, we can often work for what your employer is willing to pay 

For any other employment matter, we may still be able to help. Call us now on 01925 351 350.

Redundancy Solicitors
Request Callback - Redundancy & Settlement

Request A Callback

Fill out the form below to get a callback for advice on your redundancy and settlement agreement.