Property Disputes - Disputes & Litigation

How Chris Rudd Solicitors Can Help You

What Could A Property Dispute Include?

A property dispute is any legal dispute that concerns a plot of land. This may include the land or the buildings on the land. But, this could also include resources tied to that land, such as crops, minerals and water.

There are many different types of property disputes:

  • High hedges or spite fences
  • Excessive noise
  • Parking and driveway issues
  • Agricultural and farming disputes
  • Party wall issues
  • Japanese Knotweed
  • Landlord and tenant issues

If you would like some advice about any of these issues, we can help you assess whether you have a viable claim. Please give us a call on 01925 351 350 if you think you might have a claim.

We have more information on some of the more common and wider types of property disputes below.

Neighbour Disputes

A neighbour dispute occurs when two neighbours disagree over an issue. Common reasons for disagreements include:

  • Noise nuisance
  • Boundary disputes
  • Tree root damage, overhanging trees, and other garden issues
  • Parking and driveway issues
  • Shared facilities
  • Pets and pests
  • Invasion of privacy
  • Abusive or anti-social behaviour

You can read more about this on our neighbour disputes page.

Call for help with property disputes

Boundary Disputes

A boundary dispute arises when two neighbours disagree on the outer limit of their property. This can often occur when someone erects a fence or wall and a neighbour believes they shouldn’t be able to.

The first thing to know about boundary disputes is that unless the area of land is substantially valuable, the costs of running a claim can be disproportionate to the value of the land. This means that the best way to approach a boundary dispute is with the intention of finding a quick resolution in the best interest of all parties.

However, this might not always be possible. If you would like assistance resolving your boundary dispute, please call us on 01925 351 350.

Housing Disrepair

If there are problems with your rented property, the first thing you should do is notify your landlord as soon as possible. Then, if your landlord fails to rectify the issue you may be able to claim for housing disrepair.

Grounds for a housing disrepair claim can include:

  • Leaking roof
  • Ill-fitting or defective doors and windows
  • Damp and mould problems
  • Leaking or blocked gutters and drains

At Chris Rudd Solicitors, we can advise you as to whether you have a housing disrepair claim. And, we can often run a valid claim on a no win no fee basis.

If you need advice, please call us on 01925 351 350.

How Chris Rudd Solicitors Can Help

We offer 15 minutes free initial advice, which helps us determine if we can help you. And, if you wish to take a claim forward, we can discuss what exactly we can do to help.

We are based in the North, but we often work remotely so it isn’t a problem if you’re farther afield. What that does mean is that our rates are lower than other solicitors farther south.

We can help you:

  • Identify if you have a property claim
  • Help you to run the claim
  • Get you the compensation you deserve

If you think you may have a claim, please call us on 01925 351 350. Or, email us on [email protected].

property disputes land boundary
Want to know how much this might cost you? Click the button below to see our prices for Property Disputes.

Send Us A Message

Main Contact Form
Checkboxes *

Request A Callback