Child Law

How Chris Rudd Solicitors Can Help You

We understand you want the best for your children and your family. But, we also know it can be difficult to know what the best course of action is, and how to go about that.

So, we’re here to help with a range of legal matters to make sure your child is taken care of.

What We Can Help With

Child Arrangements Order & Custody

Child Arrangements Orders, which were called Residence Orders, are legal orders where the court decides:

  • Where a child will live
  • Who a child can spend time with
  • How long they can spend time with someone

These should be handled with care to reach a reasonable and amicable agreement for all parties.

You can request that your children reside with you, which will then be agreed or negotiated between you and your partner. But, you partner might continue to disagree and try to bring a dispute in court.

Whatever stage you’re at, we can help you sort out arrangements for your children.

Call for help with child law

Parental Responsibility

As well as child arrangements, you may also need to make parental responsibility arrangements. Parental responsibility allows you to:

  • Choose a name for your child
  • Decide where your child will live
  • Consent to medical treatment for your child
  • Choose religious beliefs
  • Choose where your child will go to school

Mothers will always have parental responsibility, unless your child is legally adopted. And, the father will share that responsibility if:

  • They are married to the mother
  • They have been married to the mother
  • Their name appears on the child’s birth certificate

And, as your child grows up, they will gradually take on various responsibilities for themselves.To get help with arrangements for your children, please give us a call on 01925 351 350.

Change of Name

In order to legally change your child’s name, you will need a Change of Name Deed. Whatever the reason, whether it be following divorce, marriage, or something else, we can help.

If your child is under the age of 16, you don’t need consent from your child to change their name. And, you should be aware that if the other parent still has parental responsibility, they do have a right to object to the change. You should seek their permission before you change your child’s name.

For professional help with change of name deeds, please get in touch today.

Child guardianship advice

Are Your Children Provided for Should Something Happen To You?

You can also speak to us about appointing a guardian for your child. Be sure they are cared for according to your wishes, should the unthinkable happen.

Find out how to get in touch below to discuss guardianship for your child. 

Get in Touch with Chris Rudd Solicitors

It is incredibly important to have a skilled solicitor on your side to ensure the best outcome for you and your child. You need to know your case will be handled with care.

Our specialists will be there to guide you through the process.

And, we can do a lot of our family law work on a fixed fee basis. So, you will always know exactly what you’ll be paying and when.

To learn more about how we can help you, please get in touch. Whatever your situation, we’re here to help. Call us on 01925 351 350 or email [email protected].

Send Us A Message

Main Contact Form
Checkboxes *