Force A House or Property Sale

Sometimes selling a house isn’t as simple as you’d like. But, if you’re a joint owner and want to sell, you may be able to apply for a court order to force a house sale. We can help, and in some cases we can work on a no win no fee basis.

Call us now on 01925 351 350 to get started.

Want to Sell Your House?

One Joint Owner Won’t Sell?

We Can Help You Force A Sale!

Forced House Sale & Home Ownership Disputes

If you’ve lived in your home for years, helped to buy the property, or paid for renovations, you may feel you’re entitled to a share of the property.

There are circumstances where you gain a legal interest in a property. If you have an interest in a property and want to sell, we can help you force a sale and get your share.

There are a couple of common scenarios where you can force a sale.

Force A Sale After Divorce or Break Up

If you and your partner have divorced or split up, but your ex doesn’t want to sell, you may be able to apply for a court order to force a sale. Or, if your partner hasn’t complied with a court order, we can still help.

Even if you don’t have a proven legal interest in your property, you may have what’s called an equitable interest. For example, if you invested in the property by paying for renovations, the court may see that you have a right to a share of the property.

The court may then amend the deeds for the property or issue an order to force a house sale. In any case, we can help you make an application to the court to get an order to force the sale of your property.

It’s important to remember your name doesn’t always have to be on the deeds, and we may be able to do this on no win no fee.

Call for a Free Initial Consultation

Speak To An Expert Now

Call us now to speak to an expert about your case.

Get a FREE initial assessment to see how we can help you.

Selling Jointly Owned Property for Other Reasons

You may have inherited property from a Will or put money into an investment property with other people. If so, you are a co-owner and have a legal interest in the property, which means you’re one of the decision makers. This can help when trying to force a sale.

It’s best if you all agree about selling the property and this is usually preferable if you are siblings or close family. But, if you do disagree, there are alternative ways we can help.

We can negotiate for another co-owner to buy you out. If they won’t cooperate, we can apply to the court for an order to force the sale.

Call Us Now For Expert Advice

Call us now on the number below to get started with an initial consultation from an expert on forcing a house sale for forcing sale of property.

Call us now on 01925 351 350 to get started with your claim.

How Your Case Would Be Funded

A lot of people hear the word solicitor and instantly think “this will cost a fortune!” That’s rarely the case, and for home or property ownership disputes there are funding options available to reduce the cost and financial risk for you.

Depending on the specifics of your case, we may be able to work on:

  • A privately funded basis
  • A no win no fee or no in low fee arrangement
  • With a DBA (damages-based agreement)
  • Funding may be available from an independent funder

We’re based in the North, so our fees are typically lower than in other areas of the country.

For more details about any of these options, and which you may be eligible for, please get in touch.

Send Us A Message to Get Started

Main Contact Form
Checkboxes *

After being contacted by a number of solicitors I have to say this is by far the best experience I’ve had as the advice was clear and simple. Chris Rudd Solicitors gets my recommendation 100%


I had the answer to my query within no time at all and was really impressed that it was in a way that I understood and I wouldn’t hesitate to use his services again.


Scroll to Top